In September, the Caribbean islands of Dominica and St. Croix were hit with two major hurricanes, including Hurricane Maria which struck the island of Dominica as a Category 5 hurricane with sustained winds of over 150 miles per hour. Both islands were devasted by these storms. There are sixteen CCCU churches in Dominica and one CCCU church in St. Croix. Nearly every church was damaged, and many churches were severely damaged.
- Dominica, Hurricane Maria recovery efforts
- Honduras, ongoing political turmoil
- Honduras, annual business meeting of the national church in February and election of national church president
- Papua New Guinea, distribution and effectiveness of SD cards containing the Bible, songs, and bible studies in 3 languages
- Jim & Becka Johnson, Ryan's upcoming tonsil surgery
- Mark & Bev Donahue, smooth transition as they return to their area of service
- Special Assignment, smooth transition as they return to their area of service
- Greg & Teresa Leeth, ministry trip to PNG
- Missionary Kids (MKs) studying in US universities while their parents are on their fields of service
- Advent Offering, remaining amount needed to meet goal
- Join us in praying that the Lord will call more workers into the harvest.
- Pray also for those travelling in the US raising support and supporters for the ministries. Ask God to to give them safe travels, effective communication of the vision and the need, and a cheerful and generous response.
Dr. Jon Kulaga has been hired to be the 11th president for Ohio Christian University (OCU). Kulaga will start August 1st and comes from Asbury University, Wilmore, Kentucky, where he has been the chief operating officer and chief academic officer for 10 years. He received unanimous approval by both the OCU and Churches of Christ in Christian Union boards. Kulaga fills the role vacated by Dr. Mark Smith, OCU's president since 2006, who will become the president of Columbia International University, Columbia, South Carolina, on July 1st.
- Rev. Robert Sayre, physical need
- Rev. Grover Blankenship, physical need
- Caribbean Churches and Families
- Donna Sollars, physical need
- Open Churches
- Family of Pearlena Johnson
The lastest news from the Northeast District!