Ministerial Conference will be held on Monday, April 8th, and Tuesday, April 9th, on the campus of our Ohio Christian University. The theme of the conference is “ENGAGE: EVANGELISM AT THE INTERSECTION OF FAITH AND CULTURE.” Participants will hear from well-known ministry leaders, be encouraged, and better equipped to share the Gospel in ministry and life.
Speakers include George Barna, founder of a leading marketing firm that focuses on the intersections between faith and culture, Pastor Ken Murphy of Cypress Church in Columbus, Ohio, and OCU alum, author, and pastor of NewPointe Community Church, Dwight Mason. These leaders will share their wisdom, research, and real-life experiences in evangelism.
All ministers, ministers’ wives and church staff members are invited to attend. A flyer detailing the schedule and speakers for this event is available below. I believe it is vital for all our ministers to attend this exciting event.
There are several items below that will help you plan for this great conference:
- Monday will start with a free Cookout/Fellowship beginning at 5:30 p.m, hosted by General Superintendent Rev. Mike Holbrook.
- A Round Table Discussion will follow our time of food, fun, and fellowship. The Round Table will be a time to hear from each of you and to talk about God’s Vision and Mission for The Churches of Christ In Christian Union.
- Monday evening is not required but we believe this will be a profitable time for all who attend. As we share together the Lord will draw us closer for the purpose of building His Kingdom. We can do more TOGETHER.
- Regular Ministerial Conference sessions will begin Tuesday morning. Ohio Christian University will join with us later Tuesday morning to hear from the dynamic speakers who will be speaking throughout the day. OCU will be inviting ministers from other denominations and charging a different fee for those who come. You will also be receiving information from the University about ENGAGE.
- The cost for the Ministerial Conference is the same as in previous years. It is $60.00 per church and your meals are included however donations will be accepted for the lunch on Tuesday.
- You need to register for our Ministerial Conference at www.ohiochristian.edu/engage. Please use the PROMO CODE: 3CU to register, and you will note when you check out that your fee as a CCCU minister is waived (Due to the church’s remittance.)