Welcome to The Churches of Christ in Christian Union
The mission of The Churches of Christ in Christian Union is to preach and teach the gospel of Christ for the purpose of:
- World Evangelization
- Discipling Believers
- Promoting Scriptural Holiness
- Establishing Churches and Ministries which reflect the spirit and practice of the New Testament Church
There is no family or church in America that is untouched by addiction, and we are all well aware of the destructive nature of the opioid epidemic. Often we have an emotional response that ranges from disgust to frustration or even apathy, and we end up asking the following question: “What can I do?” Honestly, that’s not a bad question. In fact, it is a very important question IF we ask it with the right attitude and with the heart of Jesus – the heart of ministry, in mind. So if you have ever asked this question, or if it’s stirring your heart now, you must attend the one day conference that the CCCU General Department is sponsoring on March 2nd from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m at Crossroads CCCU in Circleville, Ohio – The Opioid Epidemic and the Church: Our Response.
The Northeast District met today, Friday, July 27th, 2018, for its annual District Council at Lily Lake Campground in Port Crane, New York. Ministers, delegates, and district officials elected officers for the coming Council terms. Many significant votes were taken. Results are listed below.
The West Central District met today, Saturday, July 14th, 2018, for its 39th annual District Council at Grace Ministries in Columbus, Ohio. Ministers, delegates, and district officials elected officers for the coming Council terms. Many significant votes were taken. Results are listed below.
The South Central District met Friday, July 13th, 2018, for its 60th annual District Council at Brookside Church in Chillicothe, Ohio. Ministers, delegates, and district officials gathered to elect officers for the coming Council terms. Many significant votes were taken. Results are listed below.
Rev. Gary Heimbach has been appointed by the South Central District Board of Trustees as the next South Central District Superintendent. Gary will assume his new duties on July 20th.
Rev. Mike Holbrook has been elected General Superintendent of The Church of Christ in Christian Union (CCCU). Mike brings a wealth of experience to the leadership of the CCCU. He has served as the South Central District Superintendent, Assistant District Superintendent and Senior Pastor of Circleville First Church of Christ in Christian Union for sixteen years.
The General Board of Trustees has appointed Rev. Michael Tipton as General Missionary Superintendent. He began his duties on March 1, 2018. Tipton will fulfill the unexpired term of Dr. David Lattimer.
- Rev. Robert Whightsel, physical need
- Rev. Randall Rinehart, physical need
- Mrs. Janice West, physical need
- Mrs. Chera Duvall, physical need
- Mrs. Chris Arni, physical need
- Rev. Robert Sayre, physical need
- Caribbean Churches and Families
- Donna Sollars, physical need
- Open Churches
- Mike & Donna Brown, eye clinic and teaching responsibilities
- Steve & Debbie Cartwright, ministry to those struggling with addiction
- Debbie Cartwright, Field Treasurer responsibilities
- David & Debbie Hawk, upcoming special events and trainings
- Butch & Leatha Jenkins, 2019 MMM Annual Project
- Join us in praying that the Lord will call more workers into the harvest.
- Pray also for those traveling in the US raising support and supporters for the ministries. Ask God to to give them safe travels, effective communication of the vision and the need, and a cheerful and generous response.